Importance of Fairytales for Children
Fairy tales are generally stories for children that feature fanciful and wondrous characters like elves, goblins wizards, and fairies. The term ‘fairy’ refers not only to the fairies but to the fantastic and magical setting within the story. Fairy tales, most of the time traditional and passed down orally from generation to generation. These stories are more than just happy ending. They portray real moral lessons through characters. These stories are captivating and help to enhance the imagination power and creativity of the child. Childcare Chino Hills, CA emphasize children’s daily listening of fairytales for the overall mental development of the child.
Fairytales help children to understand the world around them. They come to know what virtue is and what vices are. Preschool experts say that fairy tales are important because they allow children to experience things in their minds before they experience them in the real world. In those stories, anything can happen but at the end of the story, there is a solution. Kids learn that there must be a solution to how many problems you may face in your real life. Fairytales teach children to be optimistic.
According to caregivers of a preschool Chino Hills, CA fairytales teach children how to deal with basic human conflict, desires, and relationships in a healthy way. Regular listening to those stories helps children acquire the skill to solve problems of their life healthily, improves the quality of their life, teaches them to become happy even in a grave situation, and to love people.
Some parents are doubtful about the power of fairy tales. They think that fairytales make children impractical. Addressing to those parents, Child psychologists along with childcare experts at a workshop in a primary school at Chino Hills, CA say that fairy tale is a beautiful thing and have innumerable benefits on children.
- Great scientist Albert Einstein himself emphasized fairy tales. He said “if you want your children to be more intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
- The storytelling method plays an important role in the early literacy development of children. Children learn new words from the tales and it enriches their vocabulary power.
- The regular habit of both storytelling and listening to them at bedtime makes the parents -children bond more strong. Child psychologists prefer fairy tales for small children as their bedtime story.
- When your children listen to fairy tales they come to know about the different problems of life and the solution of those problems in a positive way. There are no such fairy tales that end without solving the problem. They teach us that every problem has its solution and you have to find out that solution. Fairytales help to improve the problem-solving skill of the children.
- In today’s stressful world where children go through a tough competitive world, fairytales are needed for therapeutic purposes. From most of the story, children come to know that every person may go through the reverse situation. But facing it heroically is the greatest challenge. The world is a beautiful place, and you have to find out the happiness. It builds resilience in children.