What Are The Importance Of Reading With Children?
Do you know that reading books to children allow stimulating their imagination and expands their understanding of the world? It helps children build language and listening skills and prepares them to understand the written word. Montessori in San Dimas CA believes that toddlers and pre-schoolers who are read to every day have a stronger vocabulary than those who are not read to at all. Reading not only enhances a child’s vocabulary it also helps them to understand how to read and write and to understand different topics about the world and everyday life.
Now continue reading to know some of the benefits and advantages of reading books every day to your kids.
- Reading to young learners helps them to be successful : The more you read to your child the more knowledge he gathers, and knowledge is important in all aspects of life. Reading to children from an early age gives them a head start and prepares for the school years. If you read to your child regularly, slowly gradually he will start developing the skills needed for reading. According to Preschool of San Dimas CA, children who enjoy reading not only do better in language and literacy subjects but all the different subjects as well.
- Reading improves a child's concentration power: You may think that it is useless to read to a toddler who always tries to turn pages, swap books or throw them around but reading with your little one is extremely important at this age. Reading to your toddler regularly will help him to develop his concentration power and sit still for a longer period.
- Supports cognitive development : Reading to your child is beneficial as it supports cognitive development. Cognitive development is the ability to think and understand the world around us in a better way. It is the process to construct thinking skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Reading helps kids to make sense of what they see, hear or read.
- Improved language skills : According to Montessori San Dimas CA, reading daily to young children can help them with language acquisition and literacy skills. Reading stimulates the part of the brain that allows children to understand the meaning of language and helps to build language, literacy and social skills.
- Develops children’s imagination and creativity : Reading to young children allows them to be more imaginative and creative in their thinking process. As they go through the pictures of a storybook, they try to imagine what the characters are doing, or they can think of an alternate story ending. They can create their own story with some interesting characters and gripping storylines.
- Reading encourages to learn : Preschool San Dimas CA encourages kids reading books to gather knowledge and ask open-ended questions to take their learning forward. Well-read children feel more confident while speaking about any topic in front of an audience. They also show interest to know more about the world and its people.
- Reading helps to create a bond : Spending time with children, reading and talking, can create a strong bond between parents and children. You can read bedtime stories to your kids to help your kids have a sound sleep at night.