What Are The Simple And Natural Home Remedies To Treat Cold And Cough In Kids?
Kids are quite prone to allergies and infections. Mostly, the kids who have a weak immune system get often caught by cough and cold while travelling to Montessori Chino, CA in this chilly weather. When we have an infection; coughing helps to keep the passage for breathing clear by removing mucus and other obstructions. While we may be glad that our body is working to protect us, no one enjoys the constant coughing and sore throat. Help your body to heal and get rid of the coughing and sore throat quickly with the help of these natural or herbal cures.
Home Remedies for Cough
- Horehound – It is a known herb that originally comes from Europe. But, this herb is now growing well in South and North America. This herb which is available with nurses at Montessori Chino, CA has been used medicinally for 2,000 years now to treat cough and other bronchial disorders.
- Lemon and Honey – It is one of the commonly used home remedies for cough. All you need is to just mix lemon juice with honey. For those who want something stronger, add a clove of grated garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper. This is known to be a great way to cure cough.
- Herbal Bath - Hydrotherapy is often an underused healing modality, but is highly useful for many conditions including cough. As a natural cure for cough, you can add Eucalyptus essential oil in your hot bath. This oil will help you relax and the hot water will get your blood flowing, while the eucalyptus will clear away mucus and relieve irritation.
- Herbal Cough Drink - Mix equal amounts of thyme and licorice powder. Then, take one teaspoon of this mixture with water 3 or 4 times daily.
- Herbal Oil For Chest Rub - As one of your home remedies for cough, try this chest rub. This is an external remedy. Simply mix 4 drops of thyme, 4 drops of eucalyptus and 3 drops of lavender essential oils with 3 teaspoons of olive oil. After mixing it well, massage on chest and neck first thing in the morning and then at night before bedtime.
- Herbal Tea Time - A cup of Ginger tea or Green tea with two pinches of cinnamon often works great. You can drink it 3 or 4 times daily for relief.
- Herbal Aroma to Aid Sleep - To help relieve coughing when you are trying to sleep, use a humidifier along with a diffuser of lavender. The humidifier will keep the air moistened and the lavender will help you relax. It is better to sleep on your sides rather than your back or stomach as this will increase mucus in the throat.